Head of Research
The position will focus on researching, initiating, and executing new product technologies and apply those developments to new opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a solid understanding of the existing technologies, business base, its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for growth
- Develop active scientific research programs to support new product technologies & business expansion
- Apply the knowledge of the life sciences to expand the company opportunities and product lines
- Execute existing business strategies and product development activities
- Develop new business strategies, products, opportunities, and execute those opportunities
- Interact, as appropriate, with other departments to better understand and utilize the company’s strengths in expanding its existing business base and development of new opportunities
- Continuously develop new market segments for growth and expansion
- Ensure timely implementation of objectives, projects, and priorities while following established procedures and schedules
- Align strategy, marketing, and product activities to support ownership’s plan for the business
- Provide written reports and updates on strategy, plans, actions, and results including the company’s pipeline of opportunities
- Assist the marketing manager in general marketing, sales, and related personnel activities
- Assist in the development of new or modified products to further the company’s competitive position
Knowledge, skills, and abilities, other:
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including a high level of valid and correct English
- Customer focus, planning, prioritizing, and goal setting, respecting diversity, and teamwork
- Current in contemporary science and computer skills for research, reporting, and general communicating
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standard scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 requirements
- Ability to work extended hours during critical deadlines
- Ability to handle extensive travel requirements (up to 50% travel)
- Masters Required or Ph.D. Preferred in Biochemistry or related technical field
- Knowledge of the medical device or biotechnology environment and its requirements
- Experience with life science products and product development
- Strong analytical skills: comfortable making data-supported recommendations
- Prior experience in ISO 9001-13485 environments preferred
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Track record of business and personal growth
- Excellent organizational skills and expertise to meeting tight deadlines in an atmosphere of competing priorities
- Must have superior English skills - both spoken and written
- Ability to work on and prioritize various tasks
- Legally able to work in the US
- Office Environment
- Customer and related travel
- Must be able to lift ≥ 45 lbs
Machine Tools Used:
- Technical/Scientific tools
Why Super Brush LLC:
Super Brush is a family run company that has been a leader in the manufacturing industry for over 65-years. We will train and guide you on your journey at Super Brush so you can build a long-lasting career with our company. The knowledge you gain at Super Brush will help you succeed in your career and most importantly your life. Super Brush cares about its employees and provides a great working experience. We hope you join the team!
- employer-matching 401(k)
- medical insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- employer-paid long-term disability insurance with voluntary option
- employer-paid basic life insurance with voluntary option
- employee assistance program
- paid holidays
- paid vacation time
- paid sick time
About Super Brush LLC:
Super Brush LLC is a well-established product design, development, and manufacturing company with its operations based in New England since the 1950s. It is a multi-industry product company with an emphasis on medical, aerospace, printing, general industry, and retail. Super Brush is the leader in the foam technology.
You will find us in Covid-19 test kits, skin protection kits, pre-surgery, and many other medical applications. You will find us specified in aerospace manufacturing and maintenance, and you will find us throughout the global economy. And with your involvement, we will move even further.
We design and build our equipment and products. All done in the USA.
We are a high unit volume manufacturer, one that designs products to meet specific customer requirements and provide over 3,000 existing parts to meet the most exacting requirements. Our customers range from those in the top Fortune 500, middles size companies, and new startups.
One of Super Brush LLC's fundamental principles is Equal Employment Opportunity. Employment at Super Brush LLC is based upon abilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans' status, or any other status or condition that is protected by applicable state law.